A fantastic, achievable course that hugs the Tauranga coastline and includes Beach Road.
Entrants head up Tilby Drive, turn left on Levers Road, then charge down Woods Ave, onto Beach Road, to the back entrance of Fergusson Park. From there, (1.65km in) entrants tackle a 2.75km loop that includes the Beach Road walkway and the short sharp Otumoetai Road hill (from Beach Road to Levers Road). At the end of the loop, it’s straight ahead for a final 600m blat through the internal roadway of Fergusson Park to the finish line.
On your 5km course…
Outside of the awesome scenery on course, entrants will pass our course entertainment and a bunch of supportive event marshals. There are no aid stations on the 5km course so please be sure to begin the event well hydrated (there is an aid station near the start line) and refuel post event.
Following Your Event Course
– It is your responsibility to know the route of your event course.
– Important intersections have been marked with GREEN arrows.
– You have one turn point on the course marked with a GREEN ‘TURN HERE’ sign.
– GREEN distance markers will be placed at 2km and 3km.
– The background colour of your race number is GREEN.
– Follow all GREEN signage and ignore all other coloured signage.
CRITICAL: ‘FERG’S CORNER’ (see images below)
– As you turn left onto Beach Road you’ll see ‘Ferg’s Corner Ahead’ signs.
– You will reach ‘Ferg’s Corner’ (at the back entrance to Fergusson Park) twice throughout
the 5km event. You are responsible for following the GREEN 5km course signage at
‘Ferg’s Corner’ correctly each time you pass.
1. You arrive here @ 1.68km and will TURN RIGHT (away from the park).
2. You arrive here @ 4.35km and will CONTINUE STRAIGHT into Fergusson Park to finish.
Be sure to look out for https://photos4sale.co.nz (our official event photographers) as they operate a PWYW model for event photos too – PWYW sounds familiar right?