15km of Goodness
Early on entrants head into the popular wide walkways of the Matua Saltmarsh, then across into Carlton Reserve before making their way towards the back entrance of Fergusson Park. From there, (7km in) entrants tackle a 7.4km loop that utilises a mix of flat walkways and mostly flat roadway alongside the water. This loop includes Beach Road, Kulim Park, Harbour Drive & Kulim Ave. Your one small incline on the loop comes when heading up Otumoetai Road (from Beach Road to Levers Road). At the end of the 7.4km loop, it’s straight ahead for a final 600m blat through the internal roadway of Fergusson Park to the finish line.
On your 15km course…
Outside of the awesome scenery on course, entrants will pass our course entertainment, a bunch of supportive event marshals and support stations. Each support station is manned by a passionate local community group and will be stacked with R-Line & water, plus will have first aid and toilets available nearby.
15km entrants pass 3x aid stations at the following distances:
– 3.88km mark
– 8.55km mark
– 12.31km mark
Following Your Event Course
– It is your responsibility to know the route of your event course.
– Important intersections have been marked with BLUE arrows.
– You have one turn point on the course marked with a BLUE ‘TURN HERE’ sign.
– BLUE distance markers will be placed at 3km, 6km, 9km and 12km.
– The background colour of your race number is BLUE.
– Follow all BLUE signage and ignore all other coloured signage.
CRITICAL: ‘FERG’S CORNER’ (see images below)
As you turn left onto Beach Road you’ll see ‘Ferg’s Corner Ahead’ signs.
You will reach ‘Ferg’s Corner’ (at the back entrance to Fergusson Park) twice throughout the 15km
event. You are responsible for following the BLUE 15km course signage at ‘Ferg’s Corner’
correctly each time you pass.
1. You arrive here @ 7.05km and will TURN RIGHT (away from the park).
2. You arrive here @ 14.35km and will CONTINUE STRAIGHT into Fergusson Park to finish.
Be sure to look out for https://photos4sale.co.nz (our official event photographers) as they operate a PWYW model for event photos too – PWYW sounds familiar right?
Let us take care of everything – you just enjoy your day!