The flattest 10km in town
You asked for 10km – we give you 10km on the button. This is one fast course that hugs the Tauranga coastline, perfect to run a PB on. Entrants head up Tilby Drive, turn left on Levers Road, then charge down Woods Ave, onto Beach Road, to the back entrance of Fergusson Park. From there, (1.65km in) entrants tackle a 7.75km loop that includes the Beach Road walkway, Kulim Park, Harbour Drive to a turn point on Kulim Ave. On the way home, entrants hit the short sharp Otumoetai Road hill (from Beach Road to Levers Road). At the end of the loop, it’s straight ahead for a final 600m blat through the internal roadway of Fergusson Park to the finish line.
On your 10km course…
Outside of the awesome scenery on course, entrants will pass our course entertainment, a bunch of supportive event marshals and support stations. Each support station is manned by a passionate local community group and will be stacked with R-Line & water, plus will have first aid and toilets available nearby.
10km entrants pass 2x aid stations at the following distances:
– 3.17km mark
– 7.31km mark
Following Your Event Course
– It is your responsibility to know the route of your event course.
– Important intersections have been marked with BLACK arrows.
– You have one turn point on the course marked with a BLACK ‘TURN HERE’ sign.
– BLACK distance markers will be placed at 2km, 4km, 6km and 8km.
– The background colour of your race number is BLACK.
– Follow all BLACK signage and ignore all other coloured signage.
CRITICAL: ‘FERG’S CORNER’ (see images below)
– As you turn left onto Beach Road you’ll see ‘Ferg’s Corner Ahead’ signs.
– You will reach ‘Ferg’s Corner’ (at the back entrance to Fergusson Park) twice throughout
the 10km event. You are responsible for following the BLACK 10km course signage at
‘Ferg’s Corner’ correctly each time you pass.
1. You arrive here @ 1.68km and will TURN RIGHT (away from the park).
2. You arrive here @ 9.35km and will CONTINUE STRAIGHT into Fergusson Park to finish.
Be sure to look out for https://photos4sale.co.nz (our official event photographers) as they operate a PWYW model for event photos too – PWYW sounds familiar right?
Thanks to Craig Kirkwood Coaching, four key pace runners will be on the start line for the Pay What You Want Tauranga Half Marathon. Meet your chosen Pace Runner near the start area 10-15 minutes prior to the run start time (look out for Pace Runner Meeting Point signage). If you are looking to achieve the finish times shown below, do stick close by the clearly identified Craig Kirkwood Coaching Pace Runners on course.
Let us take care of everything – you just enjoy your day!