1. I understand that competing in the event involves running or walking on public roads used by other people and traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event personnel, weather conditions and my physical and mental state of health. In my judgement I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
2. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
3. I certify that my participation will be fully supervised on the day by an adult (over 18 years) if under the age of 14 on the day of the event, and that this adult will be responsible for my compliance with the clauses in this waiver.
4. I will follow the course set out for my event, abide by the road and event rules, and follow the instructions given to me by event officials, at all times. Failure to comply in any way with these matters may lead to me being pulled from the event and disqualified.
5. I will wear the event number and timing transponder/chip as directed by the Event Organisers. I must return the timing transponder/chip after the event (whether I participate and/or finish or not) otherwise I will be charged by the Event Organisers, and I agree to pay $50 for its non-return to the Event Organisers.
6. Should the event be cancelled or stopped for any reason, or personal circumstances arise that prevent me from participating (or completing the event), I accept that my entry fee is non-refundable. Entries are only transferable to another person at the discretion of the Event Organisers and will incur a transfer fee of $15.
7. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns as follows:
a) I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or my travelling to and from this event, the following persons or entities: The Event Organisers, Event Officers and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, Tauranga City Council, or local bodies of whatever nature in which the event may be staged), New Zealand Police, and all of the above respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
b) I HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in 7(a) above from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever and however caused which may arise, at any time, as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or my travelling to and from this event.
8. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course or start time (at their absolute discretion).
9. I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident or illness during the event, and I allow that information to be passed on to the Event Organisers or third parties as necessary.
10. I authorise the use of my name, voice and picture and any information provided by me on this entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising, and I also agree that the information I have provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the event charity(ies), event sponsors products and services.
11. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers have the absolute discretion in accepting my entry, which may be revoked at any time (at the discretion of the Event Organisers), and in the award of any results I will abide fully and without dispute with all such decisions of the Event Organisers.
12. I have read all the Race and Safety Information, rules and conditions detailed in this waiver and as detailed on the event website www.taurangahalfmarathon.co.nz and agree to adhere to these rules and conditions at all times.
13. Transaction Currency Disclosure. All transactions are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).